Sunday, February 10, 2008

Weekly update


It's been a while since I posted, sorry for those of you who check every day! The Fri before last my poor mama fell on the sidewalk while walking over to our house and required a dozen stitches:( I will spare you pictures....not very family friendly! Besides that, we've been plugging along at homeschool, organizing our ever chaotic household and preparing for spring. I am sooo ready for spring! Don't get me wrong, I've adjusted to cold weather better than I anticipated, and I sure don't miss the swealtering, humid summers. The thing I miss is the color green! We are about to start vermicomposting. For those of you who don't know what this is, it's a composting system using worms. We are going to buy this system:


and use these worms:


We got some great reclaimed wood from an old barn to build raised beds out of, and have some locals helping me figure out what in the heck I am doing! Homeschool will be very science heavy for the next few months:)! The boys are excited about feeding the worms, and I can't wait to cook with something from MY garden! I'll post in a week or two with pics of the raised beds and the composting system. Here are some smiling faces for you:

No comments: