Saturday, June 28, 2008

Frugal Decorating!

Okay, so I am an organized person. Really. Oh....you've seen the inside of my van.....you've opened one of my drawers? Well, in my defense, you try to keep your van and drawers perfectly organized with 4 kids and a business where other people declutter into your house! Anyways, back to what I was saying....I am an organized person. It just doesn't always get done the way I'd like it to. But here is a pic of a recently finished project:

When Frank built our bookshelf, I wanted to organize my manuals, magazines and stationary in nifty magazine holders. Then I priced them. Most were around $5.99/ea and some up to $14.95! Yikes! I wanted some for homeschooling too, so I estimated 15-20 would be needed, that would be a minimum of $100 and up to $200! Organized I am, but rich I am not:) So, I did a little eBay surfing, kinda a given 'round here, and found these. The ones on now are actually a little more than I paid, but still a great deal. When they arrived, I was not so impressed with the cardboard look, so I dug through my scrap pile and started gluing! Voila! Fancy huh?! It's just a little bit of pretty that makes me a happy girl!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: