Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year Resolutions


So, I have to admit, I am not a big New Year's Resolution person. I have probably only actually stayed up to watch a ball drop a total of 4 times ever. So what is it about a new year that makes us want to improve ourselves? Stores start stocking up exercise equipment and organizational items for those of us who have vowed to lose weight and clean our houses! We should be constantly trying to improve ourselves, physically, emotionally, spiritually and socially. So I decided this year I would have some resolutions. Maybe I've always been worried I'd just break them anyways, so why make them in the first place? So for the first time, I figure I'll post them up for all to see, so you guys can check in on me and so how I am doing with them! Here goes:


  • Volunteer or perform an act of service once a month

  • Write an article once a month

  • Get the family healthy and green

  • Lose 50 pounds

  • Start a garden

  • Start recycling

  • Walk everywhere I can, as often as I can

  • Pursue business ideas

You may have noticed the loftiest goal in there by far, and the one that scares me the most is the lose 50 pounds one. That's a tough one to put out there, but since I am 100% determined to get down to business on it, there it is! There are many other things that this new year is bringing. Frank is still "new" at work, and learning the ins and outs of a comission only job, Toby is starting 2nd grade, Zane is sooo close to being a full fledged reader, Sophia is starting speech therapy in January, and Jude is almost 2! I have also started a new business, selling health and wellness supplements as an independent distributor for Shaklee. This will be a full year, and as the Cardinales do it, I am sure it will be fun! Wishing health and happiness, and all of God's blessings to you in 2008!

2 comments:

Liz Snowden said...

Good luck! 50 lbs is a lot!!! How about some motivation? I'll send you a little gift for every 10 pounds! Let's go, girl!

Mama said...

Woo hoo! I love your motivation tactics! I'll email you at 10 lbs!